No chicken here! These hot and spicy vegan Buffalo wings are made with soy curls, deep-fried and tossed in a fiery Sriracha glaze.
Fiery meat-free wings
You won’t be able to stop eating these spicy bites, but you might want to cool things off with the creamy dipping sauce (and maybe a pint of beer!).
Sriracha vegan Buffalo wings recipe
For the wings
- 1 cup Butler Soy Curls
- 1-1/2 cup Imagine brand No-Chicken broth
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup cornstarch, placed into a large and shallow bowl
- 1/2 teaspoon Ener-G whisked with 5 tablespoons cold water, placed into another large and shallow bowl
For the creamy sauce
- 1/3 cup Vegenaise
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the hot sauce glaze
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance, melted
- 1-1/2 cups Sriracha sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the soy curls, broth, smashed garlic and salt. Bring to a low boil, then turn the heat off. Let the soy curls sit in the hot liquid for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the soy curls in a fine mesh strainer. Place the drained soy curls on a towel and cover with another towel. Place a heavy pan or pot on top of the soy curls to get some of the moisture out, about 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan over medium-high heat, add about 5 inches of vegetable oil.
- While the oil is heating, prepare your creamy sauce by whisking together the Vegenaise, parsley and garlic powder together. Set aside.
- When the oil is hot, place the soy curls into the Ener-G mixture, then toss them into the cornstarch, tapping off any excess.
- Working in small batches, gently drop them into the oil, piece by piece, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for 3-4 minutes, then remove them from the oil using a skimmer. Place them onto paper towels to drain. Repeat the process until all of the soy curls are fried.
- In another large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the Earth Balance. Add the Sriracha and stir. Toss in the fried soy curls and stir until well coated. If needed, add a bit more Earth Balance and Sriracha to cover all of the pieces.
- When the soy curls are warmed through and thoroughly coated in the hot sauce, serve immediately with the creamy sauce on the side.