Cheesy bread filled with apple pieces. A great fall snack!
There’s nothing better than the smell of freshly baking bread in the oven. Tart apples and sharp cheddar make this one a delicious and hearty fall afternoon snack.
Apple cheddar bread recipe
Makes 1 loaf
- 1-1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the flours, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- With an electric hand-held mixer, beat the eggs, yogurt, milk and sugar until light and fluffy in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Fold in the apples and cheddar.
- Transfer the batter (it will be thick) into the loaf pan and spread into the corners.
- Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.