Meatless Monday: Grilled mushroom and potato kebabs with rosemary marinade
On a Meatless Monday, enhance your regular rice or quinoa dish by adding hearty, flavorful veggies to the mix. Herbs and lemon combine to add fresh flavor.
For a filling Meatless Monday dish, these grilled mushroom and potato kebabs with rosemary marinade combine heartiness with a great herb flavor. Even though you might not be eating on the patio these days, you'll want to take time to start up the grill for this delightful dish. The rosemary and lemon juice in the marinade shine through for a fresh flavor. The mushrooms and potatoes taste amazing served over a plate of quinoa or brown rice.
Grilled mushroom and potato kebabs with rosemary marinade recipe
- 3/4 pound new potatoes
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed and gills cleaned from under the caps
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice and zest from 1 large lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 rosemary sprigs, leaves chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash and boil the potatoes for 7-10 minutes, until they soften. Remove them from the heat, drain the water and allow them to cool to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Set aside
- When the potatoes have cooled, slice them in half. Cut the cleaned mushrooms into wedges.
- Add the marinade to a large, sealable plastic bag. Add the mushrooms and potatoes to the bag, seal it, and gently massage it so the marinade coats the vegetables.
- Refrigerate the vegetables in the bag for about 30 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the bag, and add the remaining marinade to a small bowl.
- Carefully thread the vegetables onto skewers, alternating them, and grill over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes, flipping once or twice as they cook. Use the remaining marinade to brush over the vegetables as they cook.
- When cooked, carefully remove the vegetables from the skewers and serve them warm over quinoa or brown rice.