Sweet egg pancake with berries
Egg dishes are usually savory. Enjoy this egg pancake topped with berries and jam for a sweet twist on breakfast.
This Italian omelet can be enjoyed at breakfast or as dessert, too, with its pancake-like fluffiness, accompanied by fresh berries and jam.
Sweet egg pancake with berries recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Knob of butter for the saucepan
- Fresh berries of your choice
- Jam or preserves of your choice
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Manually whisk the yolks with the sugar, milk, flour and melted butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then mix slowly with the batter using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Over a low fire, warm up the saucepan with a knob of butter.
- When the butter has melted, pour half of the mixture in the saucepan.
- Cook both sides. The cooked egg mixture will be soft, so move it carefully to a plate. Repeat with remaining half of mixture.
- Top with berries and jam or preserves and serve warm.