Who doesn’t love dipping a chip into a bowl of hot, creamy cheese surrounded by juicy tomatoes and chilies?
Wow your guests the next time you entertain with this simple chili con queso recipe using a can of RO*TEL. Stay out of the kitchen and mingle with your guests — this appetizer comes together in minutes!
Chili con queso recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) can RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the cubed cheese. Stir constantly until cheese is melted.
- Add RO*TEL (including juices) and stir well to combine. Heat thoroughly and top with fresh cilantro.