Gluten-free Goodie of the Week: Crunchy vanilla, chocolate and coconut cereal bars
As a sweet and crunchy treat, this gluten-free recipe delivers fun and flavor! Add coconut and chocolate chips to these cereal bars for a tasty treat.
This Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe for crunchy vanilla, chocolate and coconut cereal bars is a classic treat with a few flavorful twists. Whether you serve them up for a slumber party, as an after-school treat or as a sweet indulgence to snack on during the game, everyone will enjoy these bars!
For this fun recipe, we used gluten-free Vanilla Chex cereal for crunch and flavor. Vanilla Chex is the latest addition to Chex gluten-free cereals. There are no artificial flavors or colors in Vanilla Chex and they taste great whether they're in milk or included as part of a fun treat.
Crunchy vanilla, chocolate and coconut cereal bars recipe
Yields 12 large bars
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 cups Chex Vanilla gluten-free cereal
- 1 (10 ounce) bag gluten-free marshmallows
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup gluten-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes, plus 1 tablespoon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with the nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Add the marshmallows and microwave for about a minute until they melt. Add the vanilla extract to the mixture and stir it together.
- Quickly add the cereal to the marshmallows and stir to incorporate.
- Add in the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup coconut flakes, and stir them into the cereal mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and lightly press down on it until it covers the baking dish evenly. Sprinkle the top with the 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes.
- Allow to cool, then use a knife to cut the mixture into bars, sized to your liking.