This curried lentil salad is a welcome side dish to bring to any potluck or party!
The combination of flavors and textures in this curried lentil salad makes it virtually impossible to stop eating! Even better when made a day in advance!
Curried lentil salad recipe
- 16 ounces prepared plain lentils (Couscous also works with this recipe)
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup golden raisins, soak in orange juice for 1 hour (soaking is optional but adds to the flavor)
- 1/4 cup scallion, chopped
- 2/3 cup toasted pine nuts or toasted chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the lentils, carrots, red pepper, raisins, scallion and nuts.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and shake well. Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and mix well.