Crusty bread, tart apples, sharp cheddar and shredded chicken. What’s not to love?
Open-faced sandwich melts are the perfect meal when you only have minutes to spare. This version combines tart apples, sharp cheddar and shredded chicken for a great fall bite!
Apple chicken cheddar melts
- 6 slices crusty French bread
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- Divide and lay the apple slices evenly on top of the slices of bread.
- Next layer the shredded chicken on top.
- Lastly, arrange the cheese slices on top of the chicken.
- Toast in an oven or toaster oven at 400 degrees F for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.