Two comfort foods combined into a fun dinner the family will love!
Need an easy dinner to feed the family quick? Take burger night and pizza night and combine the two in this hearty cheeseburger pizza. The topping possibilities are endless! Bacon? Cheddar? Caramelized onions? Load up the pizza with your favorite burger toppings and dig in!
Cheeseburger pizza recipe
Yields 1 pizza
- 20 ounces prepared pizza dough
- 1/2 cup jarred tomato sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Alternatively, if you don’t have a pizza stone, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Shape/roll the pizza dough to fit the baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread the tomato sauce around the surface of the dough, leaving about 1/2 an inch around the edges.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the dough.
- Arrange the red onion and grape tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Crumble the ground beef on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the pizza for about 20 minutes until the crust starts to turn golden brown and the center is cooked.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and set for a few minutes before slicing.