3 Homemade Halloween treat jars
Here we share three fun gift ideas for Halloween, each packaged in its own little jar. Perfect for Halloween gifts or even as party favors.
No tricks just treats in these fun little Halloween-inspired gift jars. We packed ours with three delicious treats perfect for Halloween. Great for handing out as a small gift, for trick-or-treaters or as a favor if you are having a party.
Spooky snack mix recipe
Yield about 4 cups (number of servings will depend on size jars used)
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1 cup caramel corn
- 1 cup chocolate-flavored rice cereal (such as Chex)
- 1 cup mixed Halloween candy
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. Divide the snack mix between clean Mason jars and secure with lid.
- Decorate with festive Halloween stickers or ribbons.
Trick or treat caramel corn recipe
Yields about 2 quarts
- 8 cups popped corn
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a pot over medium-high heat, add the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, sea salt and vanilla extract. Stir continuously until the butter has melted, then bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Remove the caramel from heat and very carefully add in the heavy whipping cream and stir to combine. (When adding the cream, the mixture may bubble up so be careful.)
- In a very large mixing bowl add the popcorn and pour the hot caramel mixture over the popcorn. Toss very well and spread the popcorn on the baking sheet. Bake the popcorn for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Fill assorted clean Mason jars with the cooled caramel corn and seal tightly with a lid.
Ghostly s'mores in a jar recipe
Yields about 6 treat jars (serving sizes will vary based on size of jars used)
- 2 cups mini graham crackers (we used bone-shaped graham crackers)
- 1 (10.35 ounce) bag mini Hershey bars
- 5 packages (3 per package) marshmallow ghost-shaped peeps
- Divide the mini graham crackers between each clean Mason jar. Add 2-3 marshmallow ghost peeps to each jar.
- Add several mini Hershey bars to each of the jars and secure with the lid until ready to eat.