Who among us doesn’t get excited for Girl Scout Cookie season? Now there’s no need to wait! You can enjoy a few of the classic cookie flavors in these two simple and delicious desserts.
Coffee-mate creamers aren’t just for adding to your cup of joe. Coffee-mate’s new Girl Scout-flavored creamers, Thin Mints and Caramel & Coconut, are perfect to use in these dessert recipes you can enjoy any time of year — no need to wait for Girl Scout Cookie season!
Samoas-style affogato recipe
Affogato is an Italian dessert that combines vanilla gelato or ice cream with espresso. A little hot, a little cold and a little coconut and caramel will have you swooning!
- 8 scoops vanilla gelato or ice cream (2 scoops per serving)
- 4 shots Coffee-mate Caramel & Coconut Creamer (1 shot per serving)
- 4 shots hot espresso (1 shot per serving)
- Caramel sauce to drizzle
- 2 ounces toasted coconut
- Before you’re ready to make your affogato, place your dessert glasses in the freezer, just until they’re very cold.
- Prepare the espresso, then remove the dessert glasses from the freezer and fill them with the gelato or ice cream.
- Pour the creamer over the ice cream, followed by the espresso.
- Drizzle on the caramel sauce and sprinkle with the toasted caramel.
- Serve immediately.
Rich & minty chocolate pudding recipe
This creamy dessert will remind you of biting into a Thin Mints cookie. An easy and luscious dessert to make, this pudding is perfect any time of year.
Yields 4 (6-ounce) servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Coffee-mate Thin Mints Creamer
- Whipped topping
- Mint leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the cocoa and cornstarch until combined.
- Combine the milk and Coffee-mate Thin Mints Creamer and add half of it to a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk the remaining milk mixture into the cocoa mixture, a little at a time, until a smooth slurry forms. Set it aside.
- Add the sugar to the milk mixture in the pan, and stir until dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. A little at a time, add the cocoa mixture to the hot milk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to boil for 3-5 minutes, whisking constantly.
- When the mixture has thickened, remove it from the heat and let it sit for several minutes. Carefully transfer the pudding to a bowl and cover it with plastic cling wrap (make sure to cover the surface of the pudding directly with the cling wrap).
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- When you’re ready to serve the pudding, mix it up, then transfer the pudding to individual serving bowls.
- Top with the whipped topping and garnish with the mint leaves.