Before summer completely ends, let’s have this refreshing salad and remember the tropics.
Before we completely shut our doors to the warm days, let’s celebrate with a last refreshing salad that is reminiscent of summer. A combination of pineapples, cucumbers and grilled shrimp is not only delicious but super healthy, too!
Pineapple, shrimp and cucumber salad recipe
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/4-1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Ground pepper
- Fresh mint leaves
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Grill the shrimp on a griddle over medium flame. When they are cooked through, let them cool.
- Mix the shrimp, onion, cucumber and pineapple in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing. Mix the fish sauce, lime, sesame oil & pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with mint and sesame seeds.