Everything is bigger in Texas, right? These Sunday dinner sandwiches take their inspiration from a big state in order to feed a hearty bunch. They’re big on flavor, too!
This Sunday dinner recipe for Texas toast grilled chicken sandwiches delivers filling and fabulous sandwiches perfect for a hungry group! Texas toast is thick-cut, square-shaped bread that is amazing toasted and ready for your favorite fillings. We chose classic ingredients for great taste and state-sized, hearty sandwiches!
Texas toast grilled chicken sandwiches
- 4 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 sliced Texas toast bread, buttered and toasted in the oven or on the grill over the lowest setting
- Ranch dressing
- 8 slices crisp-cooked bacon (2 slices per sandwich)
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves (1 leaf per sandwich)
- 8 tomato slices (2 slices per sandwich)
- Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper and grill them over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side or until done. The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services notes that a safe internal temperature for chicken breasts is 165 degrees F. as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and place a slice of Swiss cheese over each. Keep the chicken warm.
- Toast or grill the bread (butter the bread lightly if you’re grilling them).
- To create your sandwiches, add the ranch dressing to four of the slices, then top each with the bacon, lettuce, tomato and finally the chicken breasts with cheese.
- Add the remaining slices of bread to the top of each and serve warm.
Enjoy sandwiches that are big on flavor as well as size!