Change up your burger routine with these super delicious lamb burgers with feta-yogurt sauce and cucumber, tomato, onion, dill salad!
These lamb burgers are chock-full of fresh and vibrant flavors! Form the burgers ahead of time and keep them in the fridge under plastic wrap until ready to grill!
Lamb burgers with feta-yogurt sauce and cucumber, tomato, onion, dill salad
Yields 4-5 burgers
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 4-6 burger buns (lightly toasted if desired)
- Feta-yogurt sauce (recipe follows)
- Cucumber, tomato, onion, dillsSalad (recipe follows)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and form into small to medium patties.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Spray lamb burgers with cooking spray on both sides or lightly brush with olive oil.
- Place burgers on the grill, close the lid and allow them to cook undisturbed for 5 minutes. Open grill lid, flip the burgers and cook an additional 5-6 minutes with the lid closed. (Never press down on the lamb burgers while cooking.)
- Remove the burgers from the grill and allow them for rest 4-5 minutes to distribute and retain juices.
- Top burgers with the feta-yogurt sauce and cucumber, tomato, onion, dill salad.
Cucumber, tomato, onion, dill salad recipe
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix all together, adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with the lamb burgers on the side or on top.
Feta-yogurt sauce recipe
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Scant pinch of salt
- Mix all together, adjust taste as needed. Serve on top of lamb burgers. Can be made 2 days ahead, keep chilled.