Chipotle pesto pasta with avocado
Leave the jar of spaghetti sauce in the pantry... tonight’s meal is all about spice! This chipotle pesto pasta with avocado packs quite a punch.
Spicy pasta meal
Leave the jar of spaghetti sauce in the pantry... tonight's meal is all about spice! This chipotle pesto pasta with avocado packs quite a punch.
To tone down the spice in this dish, remove the seeds from the chipotle peppers or simply use less. But trust us, if you can handle the heat, you'll love this one-dish dinner.
Chipotle pesto pasta with avocado recipe
Adapted from Mother Thyme
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 5-6 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. In the food processor, pulse together chipotle peppers, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream and then the yogurt. Run until well emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, chipotle pesto, corn, black beans and tomatoes.
- To serve, top with avocado and cilantro.