Lunchbox tuna and mayonnaise sandwich rolls
A plain old tuna and mayo sandwich can be made interesting, too. Surprise your kids with pretty rolled-up sandwiches when they open their lunchboxes.
Packed lunchboxes can get ho-hum! And if the kids find the food we packed too boring, they might not eat it. As parents, we need to reach out to them with a powerful message of fun! Surprising them with newly-dressed old sandwiches can do the trick. Let's try with this simple sandwich!
Lunchbox tuna and mayonnaise sandwich rolls recipe
Makes 5 sandwiches
- 9 ounces canned tuna (preferably preserved in olive oil), drained
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise (adjust amount)
- 5 long sandwich breads
- In a bowl, mix the tuna, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Adjust the quantity of the ingredients according to how you want it.
- Flatten the bread lightly with a rolling pin.
- Spread the tuna and mayonnaise on the bread. Roll to close then secure with a colorful paper napkin and a string.