Quesadillas are a quick and delicious favorite. Let your mind wander and imagine the possibilities of what you can use to create Meatless Monday quesadillas!
Meatless Monday meal favorites definitely include quesadillas! Try this recipe for black lentil, sweet pepper, havarti and avocado quesadillas. It’s a take on a standard bean-and-cheese version that is equally filling and includes a few new ingredient options that taste amazing together.
We used canned organic black lentils, but you can cook up dried lentils if you prefer. Peppadew peppers are a brand of small, sweet-and-slightly-spicy red peppers. You can buy them in a jar or often from the olive bar at your grocery store.
Black lentil, sweet pepper, havarti and avocado quesadillas recipe
- 3 (10 inch) tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic black lentils, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces diced Peppadew sweet peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sliced havarti cheese
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced thin
- Place the black lentils in a bowl and add the ground black pepper. Mix to combine. If you think you need a touch of salt, add a bit and stir to mix.
- Add the Peppadew peppers and the garlic to the lentils and mix to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add one of the tortillas to the pan.
- Spoon 1/3 of the lentil mixture over half of the tortilla, just to the edges. Next add 1/3 of the cheese, followed by 1/3 of the sliced avocado. Allow the tortilla to cook for a few minutes.
- When the cheese begins to melt, fold the empty portion of the tortilla over the ingredients and carefully flip it over, allowing it to cook for a few minutes on the other side.
- Remove from the heat and cut it in half. Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients, and serve the quesadillas warm.
You’ll queue up for these Meatless Monday quesadillas!