Quinoa isn’t exactly a substitute for pizza, we know. But we also know those pounds aren’t just going to drip off themselves. To help keep our weight in check and still indulge in our favorite chicken, bacon, ranch pizza, we made these lighter quinoa cups!
Each little cup has all of the flavors you love in pizza, just with fewer carbs and a few added healthy benefits too, like high fiber and lots of antioxidants. Put a few of these on your menu for “pizza” night, they may get some funny looks at first, but they’ll be gobbled up when you turn your head!
Chicken, bacon and ranch quinoa pizza cups
Yields about 16 cups
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped or shredded chicken breast
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the quinoa, egg, onion, Parmesan, ranch dressing, bacon, chicken, basil, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
- Press the mixture into the muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with additional ranch and enjoy!