Mexican black bean tortilla pizzas
Tortillas are filled with refried beans, salsa, veggies and a mixture of Mexican seasonings then topped off with fresh toppings. This is the perfect way to enjoy Mexican food without the guilt.
Everyone loves Mexican food. However, as good as it tastes, most Mexican food is not the healthiest of options. Here we switch things up and show you how to create this healthier version of Mexican pizza. Adding more vegetables and less cheese is a great way to keep the guilty feelings down.
Mexican black bean tortilla pizzas recipe
Yields 4 pizzas
- 8 whole grain tortillas (we used fajita-sized tortillas)
- 1 cup refried black beans or regular refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican-style shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the can of refried beans, 1/2 cup of salsa and the envelope of taco seasoning, mixing very well.
- Place 4 tortillas on the baking sheet. Divide the refried bean mixture between the four tortillas, adding chopped onions to each and then topping with the remaining tortilla. Divide the remaining salsa between the tops of each pizza and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, romaine and any additional toppings, if desired.