Sweet pears, tangy Gorgonzola cheese and salty prosciutto are what make up this amazing yet easy appetizer. Serve with a cool crisp glass of wine for an easy recipe for entertaining.
Whether you are having a party to entertain guests or you are having a romantic night in, this easy recipe is perfect for any situation. Sweet and crunchy pears are stuffed with creamy Gorgonzola cheese then wrapped in a super thin slice of prosciutto. Pop open a bottle of wine while you enjoy these delicious fancy bites.
Stuffed pears with Gorgonzola and prosciutto recipe
- 2 ripe pears, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 ounces of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons of good-quality honey
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl add the pear wedges and the lemon juice. Toss gently to coat the pears (this helps prevent browning).
- Lay a slice of the prosciutto down and add a pear wedge to the center. Add a small spoonful of the Gorgonzola cheese and carefully wrap. If necessary, you can use a toothpick to help hold the prosciutto together after it has been wrapped around the pear. Repeat until all of the pears are wrapped.
- Place the pears on a serving plate and drizzle the honey lightly over the tops. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if using. Best if served immediately.
Since this recipe is very light and delicate, we would suggest the same type of wine be served alongside these pears. Our picks would be a crisp, light-bodied white wine such as chardonnay, riesling, or a pinot grigio.