A fun addition to your breakfast plate or a great game day snack. You choose!
You’ll be hooked on these sausage cheddar balls from the first bite. They come together in minutes and are perfect for popping while watching the game. Just make sure you have enough to share!
Sausage cheddar balls recipe
Yields about 24 balls
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated yellow onion
- 1/2 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, baking powder and cheddar. Toss to combine.
- Add the onion, sausage and milk and bring together with your hands until everything is fully mixed and incorporated.
- Wet your fingers and roll the mixture into about 1-inch balls and place on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart from each other.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, serve warm.