Spicy lemongrass tofu
This delicious tofu dish is infused with lemongrass, fresh garlic and spicy chili sauce. Stir-fried and served with brown rice and vegetables, this is a wonderful meatless dinner idea.
Tofu can often be thought of as a bland and tasteless ingredient. Here we show you how to ditch those thoughts with this spicy lemongrass-infused tofu dish. This recipe results in a full-flavored filling tofu that is anything but flavorless. We love serving this alongside vegetables, rice or with both.
Spicy lemongrass tofu recipe
- 1 package extra firm tofu, liquid removed and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass paste (found in the fresh herb section of most stores)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce or Sriracha sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Thinly sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl mix the lemongrass, garlic, soy sauce, honey, chili sauce and season with salt and pepper. Add in the tofu cubes and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add in the tofu cubes and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until the tofu is golden brown.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve warm over rice or with vegetables.