Who would have thought that pumpkin and ricotta would pair so well together? This simple pasta casserole dish is full of fall flavor and perfect for the busy weeknight cook.
It’s pumpkin time! This time we have taken this mostly sweet-treat ingredient and taken it down the savory route by combining it with ricotta cheese, sage, thyme and lots of salty Parmesan cheese. You’re going to love this fall-inspired pasta dish.
Pumpkin and ricotta pasta casserole recipe
Yields 9 x 13-inch casserole dish
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in penne pasta and cook a few minutes short of al dente. Follow box directions.
- Once pasta is ready, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the pumpkin puree, ricotta cheese, eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, poultry seasoning, garlic and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add pasta to the pumpkin mixture and mix together. Pour into prepared dish, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and bake for about 35 minutes.