When you don’t want to fuss over Sunday dinner, but you still want a tasty and satisfying meal, consider this classic combo. What more could you ask for?
This Sunday dinner recipe for grilled sausage with marinated peppers and onions is perfect for when you want to kick back with an easy-to-make meal that’s also satisfying. Once the grilling is just about finished, simply stir up your veggies, then partner the two for fantastic flavors in this classic combo. Easy!
Grilled sausage with marinated peppers and onions recipe
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium white onion, cut into thin strips
- 4 Italian-style sausage links
- In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, then transfer to a large, sealable plastic bag.
- Add the peppers and onion to the bag and seal it closed. From the outside, use your hands to gently massage the marinade over the vegetables. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill your sausage over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until they’re cooked through. Remove from the heat and keep them warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. You may need to work in two batches. When the oil is hot, add the vegetables to the pan and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the juices from the marinade to the pan, then cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to brown slightly and soften. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the peppers to a serving platter and place the sausage over the vegetables.
Deliver a classic flavor combo for Sunday dinner!