Simple toffee pumpkin cake
Pumpkin cake is delicious, but it's even better with sweet bites of toffee. You're going to love this sweet fall combination.
Homemade cake doesn't have to take all day. This semi-homemade version is full of pumpkin flavor and lots of little crunchy toffee bits. We dusted ours with powdered sugar, but it's delicious plain or spread with homemade cinnamon buttercream frosting.
Simple toffee pumpkin cake recipe
Adapted from McCormick
Yields 9 x 13-inch pan
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box pumpkin spice instant pudding mix (seasonal flavor, vanilla will work, too)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13-inch dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add cake mix, pudding mix, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, water, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- Mix together until smooth. Stir in toffee bits.
- Add to prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let cake cool and dust with powdered sugar.