It’s snack time! We have taken this classic treat and turned into the perfect fall snack.
Looking for the perfect Halloween-inspired treat? This pumpkin-spice puppy chow is full of dark chocolate and cinnamon flavor. We also threw in a couple handfuls of candy corn to really pump up the Halloween volume.
Pumpkin-spice puppy chow recipe
Yields 8 cups
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup candy corn
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and unsalted butter. Once smooth, take it off the heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Add Chex to a large bowl and pour over the chocolate peanut butter mixture. Gently toss to combine.
- Add powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice to a large zip-closed bag. Add in half the Chex mixture and shake to coat. Add in remaining Chex and shake to coat.
- Add in candy corn, shake and pour into a large bowl.