Who needs root beer when you have delicious hard apple cider? Add homemade apple pie spice ice cream to a glass and top with hard apple cider. You’re going to love this special fall drink.
Fall dessert treat
You’re not going to believe the flavor that comes from this drink. It’s fall in a glass!
Boozy hard apple cider float recipe
Ice cream adapted from Allrecipes
Yields 2 drinks
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 3 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1-2 bottles cold hard apple cider
- In a large saucepan, add sugar and half-and-half. Let simmer until warmed and the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs and slowly whisk in the warmed half-and-half mixture. It’s easiest if you do this one ladle at a time. You need to be constantly whisking so you do not cook the eggs.
- Once the eggs are tempered, pour that mixture into the pot and return to the stove. Add in heavy cream, stir and let the mixture simmer until it starts to thicken. Once it coats the back of a wooden spoon, you know the mixture is ready.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Once cool, whisk in vanilla and apple pie spice.
- Add to a prepared ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Add frozen mixture to a freezer-safe container and let harden in the fridge overnight.
- Add a few scoops hardened ice cream to two small cups and pour hard apple cider over the top.