Gluten-free Goodie of the Week: Creamy orange freezer pops
These creamy and vibrant freezer pops are perfect on a hot day, but they're also a great way to add a little sunshine to a gloomy day!
Make your own frosty treats at home! This Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe for creamy orange freezer pops is a cinch to make and makes a delicious frosty treat.
These are the perfect size for a small snack, but you may want to enjoy a few. You can easily double the recipe if you have a bigger group to serve. Find supplies like 2-ounce plastic cocktail cubes or plastic mini shot glasses and wooden cocktail skewers at most party stores.
Creamy orange freezer pops recipe
Yields 6 (2 ounce) servings
- 6 ounces gluten-free vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice, a bit extra to taste
- Zest from half an orange
- 1/2 orange, peeled and pith removed, and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, orange juice, most of the orange zest (reserve a bit to sprinkle over the tops of the freezer pops), orange pieces, and honey if using. Mix well.
- Evenly divide the mixture and spoon it into the cocktail cubes or mini shot glasses, leaving just a bit of room from the top.
- Sprinkle a bit of the orange zest over the top of each freezer pop.
- Place the cocktail cubes or mini shot glasses in a shallow food storage container. Cover if you can, and carefully place in the freezer for about an hour, or just until slightly frozen.
- Remove from the freezer, and carefully add one wooden skewer to the center of each pop. The skewers should be able to stand upright on their own.
- Place back in the freezer until the pops have frozen solid, either several hours or overnight. To remove the pop from its container, run the lower portion of the container under warm water, but make sure not to get any water on the top of the pops.
Share this citrusy, frosty treat!