Simple store-bought English muffins or prepared naan bread make the dough for these frightful faces! Use mini eggplants, black olives, mission figs and/or mushrooms for the eyes, nose and mouth!
They’re a scream!
Kids love these silly and spooky mini scream face pizzas! Either surprise them with a tray or get them and their friends involved in the prepping and cooking! If using English muffins, the sauce and melted cheese after baking will secure the two cut out pieces that form the face.
Mini scream face pizzas recipe
Yields 4 mini English muffin pizzas or 2 mini naan pizzas
- 4 English muffins or 2 pieces store-bought naan bread (plain or garlic flavored)
- 2 cups shredded pizza cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Garlic powder, if desired
- Mini black eggplant, black olives, figs and/or mushrooms for facial features
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If using English muffins, cut them in half and place one circle on top of the other. Cut out muffins to form the shape of the scream face (shown). Toast cutout shapes in the toaster to a light golden brown to harden. Discard cut scraps. (4 English muffins cut in half will yield 4 mini scream pizzas.)
- If using 2 pieces of naan bread, cut out the scream face shape as shown. Brush lightly with olive oil and place in the oven for 2-4 minutes to harden. Remove from oven, set aside.
- Using mini black eggplants, black olives, mushrooms and/or figs, cut out the scream face eyes, nose and mouth as desired, set aside.
- Add pizza sauce on top of muffins or naan bread. Add garlic powder if desired. Top entirely with cheese, removing excess cheese around the face keeping the shape of the scream face.
- Top with eyes, nose and mouth and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
If using a mini eggplant for the face, since you’ll be using the skin of the eggplant, you’ll want to slice very thin. You may want to consider brushing the eggplant eyes, nose and mouth lightly with olive oil and then placing in the oven for about 5 minutes for a quick roast. This will initially soften the eggplant skin before placing on the pizza and baking.