Meatless Monday: Grilled fruit with sweet yogurt sauce
It's easy to get a sweet, fruit fix by grilling it. If that's not tempting enough, wait until you taste this easy-to-make yogurt sauce to drizzle and dip into!
Get your fruit on the grill! This Meatless Monday recipe for grilled fruit with sweet yogurt sauce is a slightly different take on the standard fruit salad, and it's quite possibly easier to make.
Grilling fruit can enhance its flavor, and it tastes amazing warm. After grilling, drizzle (or dip into) this sweet yogurt sauce over your fruit for the ultimate treat. This recipe makes about 2/3 cup of the sauce, and the dish is great as an appetizer or for dessert.
Grilled fruit with sweet yogurt sauce recipe
- 4 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 3 ounces pineapple juice (reserved from the canned pineapple or puree a bit of whole pineapple if using fresh fruit)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 large, whole strawberries
- 2 peaches, quartered
- 6 pineapple rings (we used a 20-ounce can of pineapple rings in juice)
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Adjust the ingredients to your taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Carefully thread the strawberries and peach quarters on skewers.
- Grill the fruit (place the pineapple directly on the grill grates) over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until grill marks form. You should turn the fruit once during cooking.
- Remove and serve the fruit warm with the yogurt sauce.
Sweeten up your fruit!