4 Unique spicy cocktail recipes
We think it's about time to add some spice to your boring ol' happy hour drinks. Forget pinot grigio and cosmos and ring in the end of a long day with one of these zesty, spicy and oh-so-exciting cocktail recipes instead!
One of these peach jalapeño margaritas or extra-spicy bloody marys are sure to put some pep in your step, regardless of the day you had. Plus, nothing makes dealing with screaming children easier than a nice, boozy kick in the bum!
Sriracha spicy bloody mary
Serves about 2
- 3 ounces vodka (we used Purity)
- About 2 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Dash of celery salt
- Crushed black pepper
- Mix the vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha, olive juice, lime juice and celery in a chilled mixer. Fill two glasses halfway with ice.
- Shake to combine. Pour mixture over the ice and serve with olives.
Peach jalapeño margarita
Adapted from Dessert for Two
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 jalapeño, de-seeded and mashed
- 2 peaches, sliced and de-pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup white tequila
- To make the simple syrup, heat the water, sugar and de-seeded jalapeño together in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat, stirring to ensure the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the ice, lemon juice, peach slices, tequila and simple syrup together in a blender. Pulse to combine until smooth.
Chili pepper chocolate milkshake
For the ice cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
For the milkshake
- 1/4 cup whipped cream vodka
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 bar chili pepper chocolate, chopped
- To make the ice cream, whisk the cocoa powder, milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla and crushed red pepper together until sugar is dissolved. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Once chilled, pour the mixture into the frozen canister of an ice cream maker and churn for 20 minutes.
- Place three scoops ice cream, whipped cream vodka, whipped cream and 3/4 of the diced chocolate in a blender. Pour into Mason jars and garnish with whipped cream and diced chocolate.
Spiced apple cider
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 quart apple cider
- 1/4 orange, peeled
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup bourbon or rum
- Mix all of the ingredients (except for the bourbon and rum) together in a saucepan. Heat mixture to medium and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Garnish with rum, bourbon and fresh fruit.