Throw some pitas on the grill for a quick pizza option when you don’t want to deal with dough!
Pizza cravings can come on strong and fast. When you need a fix but don’t feel like making your own dough or ordering out, throw some pitas on the grill for an easy dinner solution. Topping possibilities are endless, but some melted feta cheese with a quick-and-easy tomato and cucumber salad makes for a fun Greek twist to pizza night.
Greek salad grilled pita pizzas recipe
- 2 pitas
- 4 ounces feta cheese, sliced (crumbled feta will work, too)
- 1 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Heat an outdoor grill to 400-450 degrees F or a stovetop grill pan to medium-high.
- Place the pitas on the grill or grill pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side until pita bread has nice grill marks on it.
- Lay the slices of feta and tomato on top of the pita bread and close the grill or place a lid over the stovetop grill pan so the cheese begins to melt (about 2 minutes).
- Remove pitas from the grill and set aside.
- Combine the cucumbers and olives in a small bowl and toss with the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and dill.
- Spoon the cucumber and olive mixture on top of the pitas and serve immediately.