Jazz up those plain ol’ chocolate chip cookies with brown butter, Rolo candies and toffee bits. You won’t be able to eat just one!
Chocolate chip cookies just got better!
Brown butter Rolo chocolate chip cookies recipe
Yields 30 cookies
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 16 Rolo candies, unwrapped and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook, whisking constantly, until the foam subsides, and the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat browned butter and both sugars on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and add eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Gently fold in toffee bits, chocolate chips and Rolos.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto baking sheet. Bake until edges are golden brown but center is still moist, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.