The word “labor” may be in the name of the Labor Day holiday, but laboring is kinda the opposite of what we want to do. Thank God for restaurants, am I right? Labor Day falls on Monday, Sept. 4 this year, and there’s a grip of places that are offering some great deals.
If you’re planning on a lazy day at home, we’ve got the perfect recipes for you to create a memorable holiday in your own backyard too. Basically, we’ve got all your food bases covered.
For those eating out…
- Firehouse Subs: On Monday, Sept. 4, get a free medium sub with the purchase of an additional medium or large sub, chips and a drink.
- Outback Steakhouse: Up to 20 percent off all weekend with coupon through Sept. 4.
- Baskin-Robbins: $2 off Polar Pizza and $1 off freshly packed ice cream of any size on the Baskin-Robbins mobile app.
- On the Border: $4 regular-size watermelon margaritas with a $1 size upgrade and $6 watermelon Coronaritas all day on Sept. 4.
- Carrabba’s: Amore Mondays just happen to coincide with Labor Day — get a special three-course meal starting at $12.99 after 3 p.m. on Mondays.
- Einstein Bros.: 13 bagels for only $7 on Mondays? Yes, please!
- Marie Callender’s: With their Crave and Save menu, you only pay $6 to $9 all the time.
- Taco Bell. If all else fails, the Dollar Cravings menu at Taco Bell is still going strong — with tons of yummy tacos (and other goodies) for only $1.
Next up: For those staying in…
Originally published August 2013. Updated September 2017.