Shrimp BLT roll recipe
Akin to the New England lobster roll, these shrimp BLT rolls, loaded with tomato and crispy bacon, will not disappoint!
Imagine the cheers you'll receive when serving a tray of these delicious shrimp BLT rolls at your next tailgate, family dinner or game day party! They're a sure winner!
Shrimp BLT rolls recipe
Yields 5-6 rolls
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and roughly chopped (you want nice big pieces)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato, pulp and seeds removed
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked, blotted dry and chopped
- Pinch of celery seed
- 6 full lettuce leaves, iceberg, romaine or Boston bibb
- Salt and pepper
- 6 split-top New England-style rolls or hot dog rolls
- Butter, room temperature
- If using split top rolls, butter the outsides and set aside. If using regular hot dog rolls, butter the insides and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and, working in batches, lightly brown the rolls on both sides if using split top, inside if using hot dog rolls. Set rolls aside.
- In a large bowl, delicately mix together the shrimp, mayonnaise and lemon juice until well combined.
- Gently fold in the tomato and chopped bacon. Add celery seed and salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer a lettuce leaf in each roll and generously stuff rolls with the shrimp BLT mixture. Serve immediately.
To cut back on the carbs, skip the roll and serve the shrimp mixture in its own lettuce wrap! Delicious!