It’s time to celebrate! Bring a new twist to a traditional dish this year. Your guests will love this sweet, yet savory kugel.
This year, try this recipe for sweet potato-rosemary kugel. It might make your holiday even sweeter! A variation of a traditional potato kugel, this recipe for sweet potato-rosemary kugel will delight all gathered at your table with its sweet and savory goodness.
Sweet potato-rosemary kugel recipe
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 Russet potato, peeled and shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a large casserole dish with the cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and cottage cheese. Add the onion, garlic, half the rosemary, and the nutmeg, and mix to combine.
- Mix in the potatoes and sprinkle in the remaining rosemary.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil, brush the top of the kugel with melted butter, and bake for another 10-20 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes, and serve warm.
Celebrate the New Year with this kugel!