These delicious filled dumplings called pierogies are boiled and then tossed in a homemade white wine sauce. This meal is simple yet looks and tastes like it took hours to prepare.
This dish is not only simple to prepare, it looks elegant. Pierogies can be found in the freezer section of most grocery stores and are usually filled with potatoes, cheese and other fillings. They are a delicious way to change up your weekly dinner rotation but still keep it simple.
Pierogies with creamy white wine sauce recipe
Yields 2 large or 4 small servings
- 1 (16 ounce) box pierogies, boiled as directed on package
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the cream, wine and flour and mix well using a whisk to remove any lumps. Add in the Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Cook the sauce until slightly thickened.
- Add the cooked pierogies to the pan and gently toss in the white wine sauce.
- Divide between two large or four small dinner plates. Garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve warm.