Ah, the paleo diet. It's all fun and games until you're ready to give up your first born for a single slice of bread. Sure, there are some paleo-friendly loaves out there on the market, but with a lot of them being upwards of $8, to say they aren't cost-efficient would be a huge understatement. The solution? Bake your own!
This bread is fluffy with a slightly sweet and nutty flavor and uses no refined flours or grains — making it perfect for those following the paleo diet or who just want some great homemade gluten-free bread.
One tip before we get to the recipe, though: It's recommended that you use the 7.5 x 3.5-inch loaf pan or your bread will not be the proper height. It's very important to use the recommended size pan in this recipe so that it rises properly.
Easy homemade paleo bread recipe
Adapted from Elana's Pantry
Yields 1 loaf
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Grease a 7.5 x 3.5-inch loaf pan.
- In a food processor add the almond flour, coconut flour, flaxmeal, salt and the baking soda and pulse a few times.
- Add in each egg, the coconut oil, raw honey and the apple cider vinegar. Continue to process until the ingredients are mixed very well.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until the center is cooked completely.
- Allow the bread to cool completely and slice. Store in an airtight container for several days