Here are three fun and super-tasty fresh fruit cocktails to quench your thirst. Choose from our fresh cherry margaritas, pineapple jalapeño daiquiri or frozen strawberry lemonade.
With summer coming to an end, we are still finding ourselves riding out the heat waves until fall approaches. Here, we share three wonderfully delicious fresh fruit cocktails to help quench that end-of-summer thirst. Perfect for your last summer pool party, these icy cold drinks will not disappoint.
Fresh cherry margarita recipe
Adapted from confections of a foodie bride
Yields 2 margaritas
- Margarita mix
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 cups ice
- Margarita salt for rimming the glass (optional)
- Wet the rims of the 2 serving glasses and coat in margarita salt. Set aside.
- Add cherries to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the tequila, orange liqueur and the ice and blend again until mixed well.
- Pour into 2 serving glasses and serve immediately.
Pineapple jalapeño daiquiri recipe
Adapted by food network
Yields 2 daiquiris
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons agave, depending on sweetness desired
- 1 cup of ice
- Fresh jalapeño slices for garnish
- Fresh kiwi for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker combine the pineapple juice, lime juice, rum and agave nectar. Shake vigorously and pour into Mason jars or glasses.
If you prefer a frozen drink simply add the drink portion of the ingredients along with the ice to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
Frozen strawberry lemonade cocktail recipe
Yields 2 large or 4 smaller drinks
- 3 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate (1/2 of 1 can)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/4-1/2 cup Bacardi limon
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons agave or sugar
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients. Blend on high until the smooth.
- Pour into tall serving glasses, garnish with fresh fruit (optional) and serve immediately.
If you want to make this drink family friendly, omit the Bicardi limon and add lemonade.