Easy antipasto skewers with basil pesto dip
Fun textures and flavors, such as fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and tortellini, are skewered onto sticks to make this fun snack on a stick. These are perfect for on the go or even to entertain guests at a gathering.
What's more fun than enjoying your food on a stick. Here, we created an antipasto-style skewer, alternating between fresh veggies such as tomatoes and cucumbers and added olives, cheese and fresh basil. While this version is vegetarian friendly you can easily add diced turkey, slices of salami or ham or even chicken.
Easy antipasto skewers with basil pesto dip recipe
Yields 8 skewers
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup tortellini pasta, cooked
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- Handful fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- In a small bowl combine the basil pesto and the mayonnaise mixing well and set aside
- On a skewer begin adding a slice of tomato alternating with each of the remaining ingredients (tortellini, cucumber, black olives, basil and mozzarella cheese). Repeat with each skewer until all of the skewers are done.
- Place on a serving platter and serve with the pesto dip.