Are you having one of “those” days? The kids are pulling on you from every direction (literally, one has your pant leg and won’t let go), the husband is late at work again and you have a full night of 9-to-5 office work to do? The last thing you want to worry about is dinner, right? Why not serve up this one-pot, incredibly delicious cheeseburger pie?
This savory pie is filled with all the flavors your family loves in regular cheeseburgers, but is served up in a unique fork-and-plate kind of way. This will be such a hit, you may even get a few minutes of silence while they are gobbling it up.
Cheeseburger pie recipe
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
Serves about 8
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound lean (90/10) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup Heart Healthy Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add in onion, garlic and ground beef; cook until beef is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Drain the fat from the beef and pour into the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle bacon on top.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the Bisquick, cheese, eggs, milk, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Pour mixture over the bacon and ground beef.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is fully melted.