Boozy watermelon poptails
These pops are fun and delicious. Fresh watermelon is pureed and blended with fresh lime juice, your choice of flavored alcohol, then topped with a lime slice. It's a frozen cocktail on a stick.
If you love watermelon and you love a good cocktail, this is one idea you will want to keep. Here we take fresh watermelon that we have pureed in our blender, add a little fresh lime juice and splash of booze to make these grown-up frozen pops. What a great way to end summer with one of these icy-cold frozen treats.
Boozy watermelon poptails recipe
Inspired by Pinterest
Yields 10 servings
- 5-6 cups watermelon chunks
- 6 limes
- 1/4-1/2 cup agave nectar, depending on desired sweetness
- 1/2-3/4 cup Smirnoff watermelon-flavored vodka
- In a blender, begin to puree the watermelon, 1 cup at a time. Add the puree to a pitcher. Add the juice and the zest of 4 of the limes, reserving the remaining two. Stir in the agave nectar and the vodka.
- Fill each of 10 (5-ounce) paper cups with the watermelon mixture. Slice the 2 remaining limes into very thin slices and place a slice of lime on top of the mixture (you don’t want the lime to sink.) Add a Popsicle stick to each cup and freeze for several hours until solid.
- To serve, remove the pops from the freezer and peel away the paper cup. Enjoy immediately.