We love carrot cake, so we took those flavors and transformed our morning oats into something just as good. Oats are blended with freshly grated carrots, raisins and spices then topped off with crunchy walnuts. Now you can have your cake any time of day.
These carrot cake oats are simply delicious and much healthier than eating a slice of carrot cake. We used gluten-free oats to keep our version safe for those with gluten intolerance, but you can use any type of oats in this recipe. Breakfast never tasted so good!
Easy carrot cake oatmeal recipe
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw agave or pure maple syrup
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon raisins (plus extra for topping)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (plus extra for topping)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cook as directed on the package of oats. Top with extra raisins or walnuts and serve immediately.
You can also use steel cut oats and make a large batch on the stove to last the entire week. Simply reheat when ready to serve.