Bring an extra zest to your pasta dish with a spicy Italian sausage paste and salami.
This pasta is super yummy! Being hot adds to its superb taste. If you are able to find the Italian spicy sausage paste called ‘nduja, then you can create a perfect blending of flavors because it fits perfectly with salami.
Spicy pasta with salami recipe
- 7 ounces pasta
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ‘nduja or other spicy ingredient like chili peppers (‘Nduja is a spicy spreadable sausage made with pork from the Calabrian region of Italy.)
- 1 ounce salami, chopped
- 4 ounces tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 ounce olives, chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Over medium-high heat, bring a pot of water to a boil. When the water boils, add some salt then put in the pasta. Cook the pasta according to the number of minutes indicated on the package. Drain.
- While waiting for the water for the pasta to boil, prepare the pasta sauce.
- Over medium heat, saute the garlic in a saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add the ‘nduja or chili peppers. Toast for about 1 minute.
- Add the salami. Toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the olives and tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the cooked pasta. Add some of the water used in cooking the pasta if it’s too dry.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and garnish with parsley.
Timing is essential in making a good plate of warm pasta. The sauce should be cooked much ahead or just before the pasta, not after. When serving it, make sure that the pasta is cooked just before serving.