Summer’s almost over but the heat doesn’t have to end with this robust Indian dish.
Curry is a very popular Indian spice, and we all love mixing it in different kinds of dishes because it always comes out delicious, no matter what. Here is a more classic approach, combining chicken, vegetables and curry eaten with the best partner it can have, steamed white rice.
Green curry chicken and vegetable recipe
- Olive oil
- 1 pound chicken, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 ounces asparagus, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 can coconut milk (15 ounces)
- 2 ounces green curry paste
- Over medium-high flame, heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Saute the chicken until it is brown. Set aside in a container.
- Lower the flame to medium. In the same saucepan, add some more oil, then saute the onion and the cumin seeds for 2 minutes.
- Saute the other vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, then whisk in the curry paste.
- Let the sauce simmer and thicken for 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the saucepan and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with steamed white rice.