These zesty tofu tacos will brighten up any Monday meal! They taste great and are easy to make. How much better could your Meatless Monday get?
There are lots of vibrant colors and flavors in this Meatless Monday recipe for zesty tofu tacos. Bright (and tasty) is a good way to describe this dish. The veggies, lime juice and cilantro bring out the brilliance and fresh flavors, and the seasoning adds the zestiness to these tacos. Tofu is the perfect main ingredient to make this a filling, meatless meal.
Zesty tofu tacos recipe
- 12 ounces firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or another hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed and cut into slices
- 4-6 (8 inch) tortillas
- Place the tofu in a bowl and use the back of a spoon to crumble it slightly. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl combine the soy sauce, Sriracha, 3 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and ground black pepper. Whisk together. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Add the corn, edamame, bell pepper, garlic and cilantro to the mixture and combine.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the vegetable mixture along with the liquid, stir to combine, then add the tofu.
- Cook for several minutes, stirring, or until all the ingredients are warmed through and any excess moisture is absorbed.
- Serve in the tortillas, garnish with cilantro and avocado slices on the side.
Serve up a zesty Meatless Monday meal!