Here’s a fun twist on guacamole. Stuff it inside cherry tomatoes for a bite-size version and leave the chips in the pantry!
Who doesn’t love guacamole? It’s addicting and by the time you’re done, you realize you’ve almost consumed a whole bag of tortilla chips in the process! Leave the chips in the pantry this time around and stuff it in these perfect bite-size cherry tomatoes instead for a healthier twist on everyone’s favorite party dip.
Bite-size guacamole stuffed tomatoes recipe
Yields 4 appetizer servings
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the tops off of the cherry tomato. With a knife, carefully cut out the interior of the tomato, removing all the flesh and seeds and leaving just a hollow bowl. Using your finger to get all the seeds out is the easiest way. If necessary, slice a thin layer off the bottom of the tomato as well so that it can stand up without falling over on a flat surface.
- Remove the flesh of the avocado and transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the guacamole into the tomatoes and serve.