Peaches and cream tart
A simple and easy tart is a great way to finish a summer meal among friends. This is a perfect dessert for those gorgeous peaches that are in abundance this season.
Peaches and cream tart recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 3 large peaches, thinly sliced
- 8 ounce cream cheese brick
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll the puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface until about 1/2 as thick as it was originally.
- Slice the brick of cream cheese into 1/4 inch slices. Lay the slices in an even layer on the puff pastry, avoiding the outer 1 inch of the edge.
- Lay the peach slices on top of the cream cheese in neat overlaping rows.
- Fold the edges of the puff pastry up over the edge.
- Add the honey to a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 15 seconds or until slightly thinned.
- Starting with the crust, brush the honey all over the pastry.
- Bake until the edges of the tart have turned golden brown, about 20-24 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting (this will allow the bottom of the tart to set).