Steak and potatoes make for a classic dish, but they get a new vibe tossed together to create a salad!
A steak-and-potatoes dish doesn’t have to make for a dull meal. For a Sunday dinner, grilled steak and potato salad livens things up. Toss your steak and potatoes with salad greens and your favorite dressing to create a hearty, tasty salad. We think a Dijon vinaigrette dressing goes well with this salad, but so would a ranch or blue cheese dressing. The choice is yours!
Grilled steak and potato salad recipe
- 6 small Yukon gold potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound flank steak
- 6 ounces salad greens
- 1/2 cup Dijon vinaigrette dressing, or salad dressing of choice
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the quartered potatoes in the olive oil and season with half the salt and half the ground black pepper.
- Cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes or until they are tender. Set aside when done.
- As the potatoes cook, season the steak with the remaining salt and ground black pepper. Grill the steak over medium-high heat until done. The USDA notes that a safe minimum internal temperature for beef is 145 degrees F as measured with a meat thermometer.
- When the steak is finished cooking, allow it to cool to the touch, then slice it into 1/2-inch thick strips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with enough dressing to lightly coat them.
- Evenly divide the salad greens between individual plates and top with several pieces of the steak and the potatoes.
This salad is anything but standard!