Tired of wasting money on store-bought cake? This recipe will show you how to make your favorite coffeehouse lemon loaf cake.
Starbucks is well known for their delicious lemon loaf, and now you can make it at home. This simple recipe is big on lemon flavor and perfectly moist. We left our glaze a little runny, but if you want it to be thicker simply add just a little more powdered sugar.
Copycat Starbucks lemon loaf recipe
Yields 2 cakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (5.1) ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add yellow cake mix and dry vanilla pudding mix.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add lemon zest, vegetable oil, eggs, sour cream and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Add half the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined, about 10 seconds. Add in the rest of the wet mixture and beat until the mixture comes together, about 20 seconds.
- Divide the mixture between the two loaf pans. Bake for 45-50 minutes until fully cooked and lightly browned around the edges.
- Let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes and then turn the loaf out of the pan and let cool on a rack.
- Once cool make the glaze and pour over the loaf.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Pour over your loaves.
If you want a thicker icing simply add more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.